Long Term Volunteer Program
The long term program allows for volunteers to fully immerse themselves in the learning environment, working with students and teachers alike. In addition to daily, long-term projects can be created depending on the volunteer’s interests and experience.
Location: Matemwe Village, North-East coast of Zanzibar
Program length: 1-3 months (longer periods possible, contact us)
Working hours: Mon-Thu 08:00-17:00, Fridays 08:00 – 13:00
Age requirement: 18+
Accommodation: A cosy room on site with ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, fan, A/C, and mini-fridge.
Food: $30/night (includes room, and full board meals)
Introduction kit: Written information, short orientation, cultural lesson, and village tour.
Excluded: Flight tickets, Volunteer Visa ($200), medical insurance, and all personal expenses.
- Assist in tutoring and playing with the nursery and primary students.
- Work with the teachers to aid them find and create English educational materials,
- Lead classes for the adults (ICT or English Language),
- Help organize and carry out special events and projects.
- Administrative tasks when necessary.
- We are flexible and therefore cater each volunteer’s schedule depending on interest, background and personal strengths.